Friday, April 15, 2011

lots of thumbs up

The doctors, nurses and therapists are impressed with Mom's progress. Dad went back over with me for a quick visit last night and Mom opened her eyes about half way when we arrived. She kept them open by herself for quite a while. She was much more engaged and active in our conversations.

I'm seeing a lot more of her personality coming out through her hand and face gestures. Her response time is much quicker and more definitive. Lots of thumbs up. She even teased me about taking so many pictures of my kids (I'm stunned that she didn't want to see every single photo of them :) ), although she did want to watch video of August walking a few times.

She seemed to be more comfortable and pain-free than I've seen in a while.

All good stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Hot damn & Hallelujah!!! That is wonderful, heartwarming news!!! I've got a BIG lump in my throat... Give Marlene a "thumbs up" from us.
    Dick & Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks kristin. somehow i got in! i love all the good news. printed all off for marlene's bible study group. they meet tuesday. my group meets tomorrow. her group mostly don't do computer stuff so they will enjoy reading the info. prayers continue for our dear friend and bible study leader.
    love, ruth

    ReplyDelete